If you own a physical business, you can gain an advantage in the local search engine marketing. Local search is becoming fashionable, but still a lot of companies do not use this opportunity.
What is a local search?
Local search engines take into account the user’s location and geographical inquiry. For example, the query “The best restaurant in Toronto” provides results restaurants in Toronto.
This blended search results. The user has the opportunity to go to the company website, find it on map.
1. Get a Google My Business Page
The Google My Business is a directory of Google. If you have a business (you are in the phone book), it is probably already in the directory.
- Go to Google My Business and click “Start Now”. Enter the phone number to see if your page exists. If so, you can edit it and request a confirmation from Google. If not, create one from a template.
- To get a step by step guide, watch a video on how to add a Google business listing.
- Finished with Google My Business, please create a page on Bing and Yahoo!
2. The region code for the primary phone
- Make sure that the code corresponds to the address of the enterprise phone.
- Do not use the toll free number or a country as a major in the Google My Business and other search directories. You can specify them as secondary.
You may also like to read: The use of display advertising in the local marketing
- Google and other search engines – just the program. Do not obstruct their work.
- Create a list that contains all the information: company name, address, telephone number, description of the site. This information must be consistent in the network.
- Information on your site should match the information Google My Business and other systems.
4. Address and phone number given on the website
- It is imperative to indicate your address and phone number on your site. This will not only increase the credibility of the site and its practicality, but also increase the ranking of the local search.
- Put the address and telephone number in the felling site, make sure that they are available on each page.
5. Create pages for each location
If your business several branches, make sure that each of them has its own page.
You may also like to read: Location Advertising Will Move Million Dollar Amounts In The Immediate Future
6. Optimize your Website by location
It is important to optimize the site in view of the plant site.
For example, restaurant “Salad king” has the following site headline: “Salad King | Thai restaurant in Toronto.”
7. Online reviews
- Reviews have become the most reliable source of data for buyers.
- Reviews can also boost your ranking in local search.
- If someone from buyers have Gmail, ask them to share their impressions on Google My Business.
You may also like to read: Top 10 Tips To Promote Yourself and Make Local Advertising Success
8. Use the canonical URL
When you add your business listing in Google My Business, Bing, Yahoo!, make sure you use the canonical URL. If your main domain www.localadvertisingjournal.com, so you and should be written. However, if your primary domain localadvertisingjournal.com (without the www), and so you have to write.
If you do not have canonical URL will take care of this first!
9. Join the directories
There are hundreds of directories. The more entries, the better. You can start with a list of free listings, a tool to see where your business is already listed, and what are the opportunities and receive additional entries.