The advertising traditional, one defined offline, takes place in the “physical” world while online advertising is moving into the Internet; simplifying to the maximum we can take this distinction as good, even if in some circumstances the nuances between online and offline advertising are more subtle. But my goal is to make your life easier, indeed easy reading, so no technicalities and big words that can confuse and put you in difficulty, beyond your knowledge in this sector, whatever they may be.
When talking about graphic design applied to marketing and promotion strategies, it is important to remember that not all designers have the same skills, and in marketing matters, for any business, it is important to apply some rules or advice so that the design of all the marketing material has better possibilities of reaching its objective, which is to put in the minds of the people, and the print advertising that promotes and induce the public to purchase.
Also remember that when it comes to small businesses, there is a disadvantage against the large advertising companies that exist everywhere, however, these tips will help us to make printed material, ads, posters, postcards, cards of presentation, etc. They can compete with the greats and not get lost in the crowd.
1 – Avoid saturation
Too many elements in a small space can distract the eye of the viewer, the client or future client in this case, the use of too many graphic elements can make a card or advertising postcard very attractive, but as a marketing element, it can make it difficult for the recipient get the main message, that is why you have to always try to balance between space and image, so that the receiver’s eye can read the most important messages.
This is particularly important when space is limited, as in the case of business cards, flyers, advertising postcards, small brochures, etc.
2 – The size strategy
Try to use large images, instead of very small elements that can be difficult to read, large images in a negative space, tend to draw more attention of the reader.
3 – An image says more than a thousand words
The visual aspects tend to call more attention than words, however, we must try to maintain a balance between the image and the text used, should try to use the image as a reinforcement of the message, and not around. If you are going to combine image with text, try to have at least 50% of the same space on the page, if you need or think it is convenient to use a large image.
4 – Easy reading
Always try that your brochure, flyer or print advertising form, has an accommodation that is easy to read, since what you want to achieve is to read the important information contained in the marketing piece that you are delivering, besides, it is very important that you a look at all the texts and that the message you want to send is disseminated among the spectators around the printed element.
5 – Use of typography
We must take special care in the use of typographies, sizes and colors of the texts, use too many high letters (capital letters), it may seem like a good idea at times, and however, it is not, so we must try to keep the text in its proper proportion, between high and low letters.
You also have to limit the use of fonts, shapes and sizes, since this can give an impression of visual chaos, which would act to the detriment of your message in print advertising.
6 – The key is the consistency
Keeping the information where it is easiest to read and access for readers in any printed marketing element, is the key to such information being remembered and reaching the objective of the advertising material in question.
7 – Be consistent
Again this applies to the entire layout of any printed marketing element, be it advertising postcards, magazine ads, business cards, posters, etc. Maintaining consistency in the entire area of your brochure, card or ad, will make your advertising message be remembered, and above all be read.
The use and results of these print advertising tips will vary depending on the product and / or services that you want to promote.
This article will provide a description of the print advertising, information on advertising media, their purpose, functions and features, as well as detailed descriptions and sample images.
Print advertising, printing or advertising are a set of media made on specially prepared for advertising printed products, non-periodical publications. It refers to the form of advertising and is one of the most common in the advertising of goods and services.
Print advertising includes various advertising materials, placed on different types of print media advertising information. Number of print advertising formats and the corresponding types of print media is very large. The main types of printed products, which are currently, most widely as advertising media …
Print Advertising – Advertising Directory
Whether or twisted multi-page print edition, which contains a systematic list of a large number of goods or services with pictures and detailed description, as well as other supporting information. It has a high-quality decoration and printing performance, designed for long-term use. Circulation usually a few thousand, sometimes – tens of thousands of copies.
Print Advertising – Leaflet
Stitched multi-page print edition, which contains advertising information about the goods or services with pictures and detailed description. It could also be devoted to a group of similar goods or services. According to the embodiment resembles the directory, but less volume. It has a high-quality decoration and printing performance. The publication can wear pronounced prestigious character. Circulation usually a few thousand, sometimes tens of thousands of copies.
Print Advertising – Advertising Booklet
In contrast to the catalog and prospectus are not stitched and folded several times (in other words, folded in an accordion) edition, which contains advertising information about the goods or services with pictures and detailed description. It could also be devoted to a group of similar goods or services. May have different dimensions, volume and folding embodiments, but in the unfolded state it cannot exceed the size of the standard typographic printing sheet. Is inexpensive and economical edition, to produce large print runs and are designed for short-term use and, in most cases, on a single reading.
Print Advertising – Flyer
Pocketbook or single-fold the print edition, which contains one-sided or two-sided image of the advertised goods or services with a detailed description. Usually dedicated to one product, in rare cases, several similar goods. Designed for rapid distribution in conjunction with a wide coverage. More often than not, because of its efficiency, it is available in large quantities, so among the least expensive media print advertising. Circulation usually dozens, sometimes hundreds of thousands of copies.
Print Advertising – Poster
Large format edition printed on one side designed to be placed inside the premises. Usually dedicated to one product, in rare cases, several similar goods. It contains advertising information provided in the form of eye-catching combination of one or more images and concise accompanying text, which in brief figurative form displays basic feature of the advertised goods or services. To improve the functionality of the poster is sometimes combined with the calendar grid. Circulation from a few thousand to hundreds of thousands of copies.
By the distribution of printed media, advertising information also includes products such as calendars, greeting cards, envelopes, coupons, stickers, various promotional print ads.
This article will provide a description of transit advertising or advertising on transport, information on advertising media, their purpose, functions, and features, as well as detailed descriptions and sample images.
Transit advertising or advertising on transport is a text, graphics, or other visual information of advertising character, which is located inside or outside the vehicle, as well as special permanent or temporary structures located on the transport infrastructure and adjacent territories. It represents advertising information delivery channel with advantageously low selectivity acting on the various types of mass audience. It characterized by a wide coverage, mobility, relatively high levels of exposure.
Transport advertising is carried out on the basis of contracts with the owners of vehicles or persons having property rights on vehicles. In this case, the advertiser, as a rule, does not communicate with the owners of vehicles directly and with agencies operators or companies owners of contracts for the placement of transit advertising, which have special rights on the implementation of specific advertising media or bound by the ad space owners. Agency operators also carry out servicing and disposal of promotional materials.
It should be noted that in the segment of transit advertising placed directly on the vehicles used somewhat more complicated than in the advertising industry as a whole, an administrative regulation by government agencies. Placement of outdoor advertising is regulated not only by the federal law “On Advertising”, but also by the individual decisions of the regional and municipal authorities. Cases of advertising restrictions on vehicles to ensure road safety are determined by the authorized authorities entrusted with the control of traffic safety.
Features Of Transit Advertising As A Channel For The Delivery Of Advertising Information
The efficiency of transit advertising is a result of many factors, so the planning and implementation of advertising campaigns require the advertiser knowledge of its individual features. Similarly, selected transit advertising format guarantees the attention of the target audience to its content, and a considerable variety of advertising media can form an advertising placement program so as to ensure the greatest number of contacts with the advertising message, and therefore the greater memorability.
However, the presence of a variety of different types of advertising media, including transit advertising, leads to the “advertising noise”, especially in big cities: the user can “get lost” in the huge advertising and information flow and miss advertising. However, advertising is placed in the salons of public transport, can long hold the attention of the recipient because of the absence of other stimuli.
There are five of the most important requirements for transit advertising …
- Provide coverage of the modes of transport used by the target audience the advertiser.
- Often out of sight.
- To attract attention.
- Be concise and easily perceived in the process of movement.
- Be understandable to a mass audience.
Due to these requirements and relatively low selectivity of transit advertising is used primarily as an aid in the framework of integrated advertising campaigns to support and advertising supplements placed in other media. Such a complex effect can significantly increase the performance efficiency of an advertising campaign.
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Transit Advertising
|Wide coverage. Public transport has traditionally been the most popular means of transportation, so has a well-developed infrastructure.||The lack of selectivity. Transit advertising is almost does not reach a certain audience segments, that is, it can not be aimed at customers of a particular gender, age, occupation, education, and so on.|
|Coverage of local markets in combination with a high frequency of advertising impressions. Transit advertising is used as an effective means of influencing the mass audience of the local markets, where selectivity does not play a significant role. In conjunction with the outdoor advertising it provides wide coverage of the mobile population in the local markets in a relatively short period of time. In this case, transit advertising provides a high level of frequency with mobile coverage of the population.||Transience, brevity of the message. Transit advertising is used to transfer simple and short messages as complex or long messages will not be received by the audience.|
|Flexibility. An advertiser can choose to advertise the vehicles used by the representatives of its target audience, which results in partial selectivity and significantly increase the effectiveness of advertising.||Reaching only the specific audience for advertisements placed in public means of transport (e.g. working women and men who use public transport).|
|High exposure. Advertisements placed in the salons of public transport, can long hold the attention of the recipient.||Limited advertising space. Size is a key means of attracting attention, however, transit advertising, except for some formats cannot provide advertisers large size media advertising information.|
|The low cost of advertising exposure. At a cost of advertising exposure transit advertising refers to the least expensive channel of distribution of advertising. Thus, in the public transport enjoys a significant number of people, it provides a low cost of advertising per customer.||The need for frequent monitoring. Despite the relatively low cost of advertising exposure, the use of transit advertising is often associated with relatively high maintenance costs of promotional materials due to the need for continued monitoring and replacement of ads that are spoiled, erased or damaged in any other way. The cost of this service is usually included in the total advertising budget.|
The Main Means Of Transit Advertising
Transit advertising is divided, two main groups …
1) Outer transit advertising: Located on the outer surfaces of vehicles, and on special permanent or temporary structures, located outside the transport infrastructure.
2) Internal transit advertising: Placed inside the vehicle, as well as special permanent or temporary structures disposed within transport infrastructure.
Vehicles used for advertising, divided into the following main groups …
- Public land.
In use the outer surface of the vehicle, and its inner space as an advertising medium.
Advertising, placed on the outer surface of the vehicle exterior is advertising plates and is subdivided into two main groups …
1) Roof advertisements: It is placed on the roof of the vehicle.
2) Onboard advertising: It is located on the sides of the vehicle (on the back, front and lateral sides).
Advertisements placed inside the vehicle is divided into three main groups, according to the channel of transmission of the advertising message …
1) Video advertising in the vehicle cabin – advertisements on the video screens and displays in various formats.
2) Audio advertising in the transport cabin – audio advertisements.
3) Static advertising in transport salon – advertising boards, posters, leaflets, stickers of various formats.
Transport infrastructure used for advertising, divided into the following main groups …
- Railway stations.
- Bus terminals.
- Fuel stations.
By advertising space of the transport infrastructure include buildings, premises and adjacent territory of the said facilities. Advertising outside the building and in the surrounding areas of these enterprises are located in special permanent or temporary structures, and, as a rule, does not differ from outdoor advertising in other areas. Advertising within the transport infrastructure, as a rule, is generally consistent format outdoor advertising, placed in other locations.
This article will provide a description of the outdoor advertising, information on advertising media, their purpose, functions and features, as well as detailed descriptions and sample images.
Outdoor advertising is a text, graphics, or other visual information is advertising that is placed on the special permanent or temporary structures located in the open space, the external surfaces of buildings, street elements equipment above the roadway of streets and roads. It is a delivery channel of advertising information with a low selectivity acting on the various types of mass audience.
Outdoor advertising refers to the oldest form of advertising and currently remains one of the most common in the advertising of goods and services. In recent years, the advertising industry is actively developed, offering advertisers increasingly complex and technologically advanced solutions, such as innovative advertising platform integration in the urban space, new interactive formats of communication with the customer, improving the planning models and measure the effectiveness of outdoor advertising projects, and so on.
The structure of the outdoor advertising industry consists of the following basic forms of organization of the enterprises, which usually interacts advertiser …
- Owners, contractors – Owners of advertising constructions and carriers or holders of contracts for outdoor advertising.
- Agency dealers – Companies that have special rights on the implementation of specific advertising media or narrow concrete proposals contractors.
- Agency brokers – Companies that specialize in outdoor advertising purchases for advertisers and are bound by the owners of advertising carriers.
- Manufacturers of advertising – The company who specialize in the works for the production of outdoor advertising.
It should be noted that in the outdoor advertising segment is used more complex than in the advertising industry as a whole, the administrative regulation on the part of government agencies. Outdoor advertising is regulated not only by the federal law “On Advertising”, but also by the individual decisions of the regional and municipal authorities, as well as due to the various restrictions and bureaucratic procedures.
Features Of Outdoor Advertising As A Channel For The Delivery Of Advertising Information
Outdoor advertising stand somewhat apart relative to other advertising media. This is due, primarily, to the fact that the main purpose of the majority of media to be used as advertising media is not publication of advertising: newspapers advertising, television advertising and radio advertising are created and function as socially significant sources of public non-commercial information, for which advertising is element important, but not the main one. In turn, the means of outdoor advertising are intended solely for the delivery of commercial advertising information that cannot but affect the attitude towards them audience, according to many studies, most people think of outdoor advertising (especially outdoor) irritant, significantly worsening the urban landscape.
Such an attitude in no small measure contributes to the fact that outdoor advertising cannot “turn off” or ignore the other in this way that is contact with the inevitable. Given the similar reaction to the ubiquitous outdoor advertising, advertising concepts developers sometimes advise advertisers to resort to special, nonstandard creative strategies during campaigns.
The effectiveness of outdoor advertising is a result of many factors, so the planning and implementation of advertising campaigns require the advertiser knowledge of its individual features. Similarly, the selected outdoor advertising format guarantees the attention of the target audience to its content, and a considerable variety of advertising media can form an advertising placement program so as to ensure the greatest number of contacts with the advertising message, and therefore the greater memorability. At the same time, a wide variety of advertising media leads to “advertising noise”, especially in big cities: the user can “get lost” in the huge advertising and information flow and miss advertising.
Therefore, in order to be effective outdoor advertising, the advertiser is necessary not only to resort to the eye-catching creative solutions, but also to carefully choose the right means of advertising and placements. So, sometimes even local accommodation creates an impression of massive campaigns and is remembered for a long time consumers. Additionally, outdoor advertising can be targeted: the precise placement of it is not only able to reach the target audience, but also to direct its flows in the right direction.
There are five of the most important requirements for outdoor advertising …
- Often out of sight
- To attract attention
- Be concise
- It is readily perceived on the go
- Be understandable to a mass audience
Because of these requirements outdoor advertising, is used primarily as an aid in the framework of integrated advertising campaigns to support and advertising supplements placed in other media. Such a complex effect can significantly increase the performance efficiency of an advertising campaign. At the same time, the most effective advertising for its use of those goods and services that can be represented by a laconic images and brief text. Additionally, outdoor advertising is often used for fashion, as well as for the audience reminders of the virtues already known her goods and services and how to buy them.
Advantages and Disadvantages OF Outdoor Advertising
|The inevitability of advertising contact. Outdoor advertising can not “turn off” or ignore the other in this way, that is contact with the inevitable.||The lack of selectivity. Outdoor advertising is almost does not reach certain segments of the audience, that is, it cannot be aimed at customers of a particular gender, age, occupation, income level or education.|
|To read the advertisements do not need additional devices.||Transience, a short time of perception of advertising messages as compared to other advertising distribution channels, the low concentration of consumers of advertising.|
|Wide coverage of local markets combined with a high frequency of ad impressions. Outdoor advertising is used as an effective means of influencing the mass audience of the local markets, where selectivity does not play a significant role. It provides a broad coverage of the mobile population in the local markets in a relatively short period of time (an average of 30 days). In this case, the outdoor advertising provides a high level of frequency with mobile coverage of the population.||High coverage of the audience does not guarantee memorizing advertising. Outdoor advertising provides a sufficiently high level of coverage, and sometimes good memorization of advertising messages. But the high level of exposure does not mean a high level of memorization. Originality and entertainment advertising messages are important criteria in determining the ability of the audience for his memorization, but in practice, people often are not able to remember what they saw.|
|Variability in accordance with the needs of individual markets. Outdoor advertising can be used in the local markets, regionally and nationally. However, even within a single market, as a rule, it is possible to set accents exactly where it is needed, which leads to a partial selective audience.||Concise messages. Outdoor advertising is used to transfer simple and short messages as complex or long messages will not be received by the audience.|
|Most of the possible advertising space. Size – a key means of attracting attention. Outdoor advertising provides advertisers the largest size of the available media advertising information. The use of color printing advertising with bright lights, and sometimes in conjunction with the dynamic elements, allowing advertisers to attract the maximum attention of the audience.||Steadily negative attitude. Most people consider outdoor advertising (especially outdoor) irritant significantly detract from the appearance of individual buildings and the urban landscape as a whole.|
|Easy identification of the appearance of the advertised offer (goods or services) or brand. If the advertising message is relatively succinct and imaginative, and the overall design of a distinct, urban street can be an excellent means of raising awareness of the new brand at the highest level frequency of ad impressions. This form of advertising is especially well established it upon reading potential customers with new offers or trademarks.||Complex administrative regulations, restrictions and bureaucratic procedures for advertising. Outdoor advertising is regulated not only by federal law, but also by the individual decisions of the regional and municipal authorities, as well as due to the various restrictions.|
|The low cost of advertising exposure. At a cost of advertising exposure outdoor advertising refers to the least expensive channel of distribution of advertising.||The high cost of advertising. Despite the relatively low cost of advertising exposure, the use of outdoor advertising is often associated with relatively high costs of production and placement of advertising materials. To this it is also added the need for constant monitoring of the state of advertising media and structures. These costs can be prohibitive for many advertisers.|
Features Of Perception Of Outdoor Advertising
When placing the outdoor advertising are critical parameters such as means of advertising and placement. The greater the distance from which clearly and accurately perceived image and the lower the rate of movement of people in this place, the better the impact of advertising. The vast majority of consumers of outdoor advertising time eye contact necessary for reading text and viewing images, not more than a few seconds. Studies show that using a static image rendering advertising appeal should be concise and catchy, contain one illustration, and not more than seven words. Nuances of design of advertising appeal, such as fonts, colors, graphics and three-dimensional objects, visual, dynamic, and lighting effects, should be focused on a particular customer segment the offer advertised. Therefore, the development stage of the design project of outdoor advertising requires a certain knowledge of consumer psychology and characteristics of visual perception.
For outdoor advertising are critical parameters such as viewpoint and angle of view. Viewpoints to consider when choosing the location of advertising. The best is a placement with a maximum of viewpoints. The angle of the vehicle driver and a pedestrian are different, the angle of view of pedestrian walking in a crowd, and a single pedestrian will also be different due to the characteristics displacement and the angle of view of the driver and passenger will be different due to the difference of their location in the car.
Perception of outdoor advertising not only depends on viewpoint and angle of view, but also from its location in the surrounding area. Advertising medium is perceived not only in itself, but also with a portion adjacent territory and surrounding objects. Related to this is one of the famous paradoxes of outdoor advertising, which is that it must at the same time and combined with the surrounding environment, and stand out from it.
In the experiments to study the visual perception revealed the following …
- Attract human attention, as a rule, place a dense cluster elements to create the impression of mass;
- In the early stages of perception clearly distinguished coupling points forming regular geometric figures or fragments thereof;
- Focuses on close and thereby affecting the elements to each other;
- In the case of the predominance of amorphous placement of elements, attention is drawn first of all space allocated points, for example separated from the other by small gaps;
- Using points easily created dynamic and static composition, wherein the first of them lead to both eyes of the observer in the intended direction of movement.
Of course, these general principles work differently in specific circumstances. So, the perception of outdoor advertising has a different psychological specificity for drivers of cars and pedestrians, so advertising aimed at drivers who runs a little differently than for pedestrians. In all cases, the amount of information on advertising media should take into account the cognitive abilities of a person.
Fixed Assets Of The Outdoor Advertising
Outdoor advertising is a great variety, so the advertising message that the advertiser intends to convey to the target audience, can be represented in different ways. In outdoor advertising, there are a variety of advertising media and formats, and the amount of media and formats is constantly growing.
All means of outdoor advertising are divided into two main groups …
1) Stationary advertising media: For stationary advertising media are advertising media with a permanent placement. Stationary advertising media are divided into detached and placed on buildings and structures. Freestanding advertising media, as opposed to mounted on buildings, have an independent foundation or accommodating portion.
2) Temporary advertising media: By the time advertising media are advertising media which do not have permanent placement and placed within a certain period of time.
All means of outdoor advertising are divided into certain formats. Outdoor advertising format is determined by the size of the advertising surface, i.e. the height and length of advertising images. To date, the most widely used these advertising media formats (height × width, m)
- Billboard: Billboard 6 × 3.
- Super board: Billboard 3 × 12 × 12 4.
- Supersite: Billboard 10 × 5 × 12 5 × 15 5.
- City board: Billboard 3.7 × 2.7.
- City format: Advertising structure 1.2 × 1.8 internally illuminated.
- Pillar: Triangular pedestal 1.4 × 3 with internal illumination.
- Panel-mount bracket: Advertising structure 1.2 × 1.8 internally illuminated.
- Banner-hauling: Advertising banner 1 × 12.
- Poster: Poster 1.75 × 1.85.
These formats are considered standard, and now make up the vast majority of advertising media in the advertising market of outdoor advertising. Despite the fact that the search for new formats of advertising media is being constantly tested and traditional advertising formats occupy a leading position among the most popular. The operators of outdoor advertising networks and companies offering services on its placement continue to actively improve both network and advertising means inventing new ways to enhance their effectiveness.
Main Place Of Outdoor Advertising Location
Designated outdoor advertising locations are divided into the following main areas …
1) Municipal and private territory, infrastructure:
- Strips road drainage, roadside zone dividing strips;
- Open space;
- Sidewalks, pedestrian areas;
- Parks, gardens, recreational facilities;
- Outdoor furniture;
- Enclosures for permanent and temporary.
2) Real estate, including residential, public and other buildings and facilities …
- Walls of buildings and structures;
- Roofs of buildings and structures.
All advertising objects of the outdoor advertising, regardless of their type, size and location, are subject to mandatory registration with the regional and municipal authorities. At the same time in different regions of the rules of outdoor advertising, differ markedly. Rules are governed by special provisions on the procedure for the placement and operation of outdoor advertising. The basis for the placement of outdoor advertising is the so-called approvals, of which, as a rule, include permission for the right of distribution of outdoor advertising, the passport of advertising space, the approved project and the contract with the owner or other person has the right to place advertising.
Definition of places of outdoor advertising is based on the urban zoning, existing in a particular city. Traditionally, the area of a major city is divided into three zones, within which there are different requirements for placement of outdoor advertising …
1) Heritage area: It includes areas adjacent to the monuments of architecture and culture, monuments and places of worship; monuments of architecture and culture; nature reserves, monuments of nature and landscape art. Placement of outdoor advertising in the area of heritage, as a rule, is not carried out and only permitted on the temporary fencing reconstructed buildings.
2) Special zone of the city of destination: It includes the central line; areas in the central and important streets and avenues; square near the railway stations; the area around the government buildings. The urban area of special purpose high requirements for the appearance of outdoor advertising and set a ban on the placement of certain types of advertising violating the architectural and spatial environment of the city.
3) General purpose urban area: It includes the rest of the city: visits, entrances to the city, a typical residential development, landscaped areas, and so on.
The cost of outdoor advertising depends on the zone in which it is located. Accordingly, the principle of advertising media are divided into categories (first, second, third and so on).
Outdoor advertising can be one of the following models of outdoor advertising locations that maximize coverage of the target audience …
1) Gossamer: A model in which all advertising media are located in close proximity to the advertised object (e.g. commercial enterprises, service, office advertiser), penetrating the surrounding urban infrastructure. Generally, the closer is the advertised object, the “heap” and “thick” carriers are placed. Sometimes outdoor advertising media are used as pointers to the advertised object.
2) Backbone: A model in which all advertising carriers are arranged along the major (most lively) city highway. Location can be of two types: one-way (all carriers are rotated in one direction of motion) and bilateral (carriers turned in the direction of any of the parties to the motion).
3) Breeding: A model in which advertising media are located around the city, “heaps” of several pieces (i.e. sockets). Typically, the carriers are placed in places of the greatest congestion of pedestrian and traffic flows: at junctions and intersections of roads, near the area, markets and so on.
4) Expert: Model in which advertising carriers in different locations according to the subjective preferences advertiser or service agency it (e.g., selected from the best of unoccupied seats). It characterized as the most chaotic and the least effective of all the above, but the preparations for the advertising campaign for this model requires much less time.
Features of the application of these models depends on the tasks advertiser, its financial capacity, and the specifics of the advertised goods or services.
Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Outdoor Advertising
In general, the effectiveness of outdoor advertising can be no doubt, however, a qualitative assessment of its effectiveness is often very difficult, as the use of standard methods of media planning is impossible. This is due to the following reasons …
1) For outdoor advertising is characterized by great diversity: Advertising media are very different from one another format, location, location, materials used in the manufacture of advertising, image transfer technology and many other features. Therefore, to compare the effect produced by contact with such different advertising appeals problematic.
2) The effectiveness of outdoor advertising: Perception significantly affected by weather conditions, time of day, season, location and many other factors.
3) Outdoor advertising: In fact the only advertising channel in which there is a movement of the advertising message and its recipient with respect to each other. This situation raises many questions regarding the measurement of advertising exposure parameters.
4) Outdoor advertising by the absence of selectivity and a large rotation of auditors: Despite the difficulties, there are certain techniques that allow an advertiser on the probability level to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of a particular deployment model. The basis for these calculations is the determination of the total size of the potential target audience of advertising, which is made through the evaluation of the volume of the total audience of a particular advertising media location.
The main indicator of the size of the audience is the number of potential advertising contacts (number of people with a practical opportunity to see this in the outdoor advertising unit of time – day, week or month). In the calculation using the data, based on the study of traffic routes, frequency of occurrence of individuals at certain nodal points, the number of vehicles drivers and pedestrians in a unit of time, the probability of visual contact, distance visibility, viewing obstructions, and so on. Additional measurements for different days of the week and month allow output coefficients, which are calculated on the basis of the total audience of outdoor advertising.
This article will provide a description of online advertising or Internet advertising, information on the means of online advertising, its purpose, features, specifications and methods of application.
Internet is a global system of computer networks combined, which serves as a physical basis for the World Wide Web or WWW and other data transmission systems. Nowadays the word “Internet” often meant not a physical network, and the World Wide Web, which forms the global information and communication space.
Internet advertising, or advertising on the Internet includes a variety of graphic and text advertising material placed on the Internet. Internet advertising market has begun to take shape in the mid-1990s, however, before the start of the 2000s, the Internet was not considered by advertisers as a priority advertising platform, although some of them already carried out online support for advertising their products and services. However, the rapid development of the World Wide Web, and some of the features of Internet advertising have meant that the policy of advertisers in the use of the Internet has changed.
Since the mid-2000s, the Internet is one of the main channels of information impact on consumers. This is due primarily to the following factors …
- A constant and steady increase in the number of Internet users and the time of their presence in the network;
- Development of wireless communication technology, mobile devices and mobile Internet;
- Development of the Internet economy
- The prevalence of e-commerce;
Development of the technical management of Internet advertising platforms and systems analysts, allowing quickly and precisely measure the impact of online advertising.
Currently, the Internet is actively developing as an advertising channel. In this case, the basic principles and technologies of Internet advertising are very different from those in traditional media such as television advertising, radio advertising, press advertising. Therefore, unlike television or radio, that are relatively passive media, the Internet requires active participation: in the Internet environment, nothing happens until then, until the user performs an action. The exchange of information in real time and feedback make the Internet an effective tool of advertising in terms of the quality of the contact with the consumer.
To date, we developed three most common types of use of the Internet as an advertising channel …
- Placement of advertising information on websites
- Attracting visitors to the website publisher
- Search consumer goods and services among the internet audience
The choice of the type of online advertising, the specific advertising media and formats depend on the advertising goals, the technical capabilities advertiser, selected ad platforms and a number of other parameters. The effectiveness of advertising on the Internet is a result of many factors, among which, above all, the quality characteristics of the target audience of advertising and the extent of its coverage, the characteristics of advertising media, as well as design, context, placement, visual and content features advertisements.
Features Of The Internet As A Channel Of Distribution Of Advertising
Internet is one of the most important global markets, media advertising and attracted more and more attention of advertisers. This is due to primarily with a considerable variety of online resources is extremely high capabilities of their target segmentation, increase in the number of services offered and a huge audience. Knowing and the optimal use of the opportunities offered by advertisers diverse online marketplace allows advertising campaign very different focus, cost and scale, while achieving effective results.
Planning and implementation of advertising campaigns on the Internet requires the advertiser knowledge of its individual features. Among the most important are the following …
1) Interactivity: The Internet is an interactive medium, and therefore provides a significant involvement of the consumer. Every Internet user has the opportunity to not only passively receive information, as in the case of traditional media, but also actively interact with it, based on their interests and preferences, selecting the most relevant to the resources and content, engaging in communication with others and so on.
These same properties have interactivity and Internet advertising, that is, the user can directly interact with it. After seeing an advertisement, the user can go directly to more information about the advertised offer. For this, user have to click the mouse on an advertising medium, followed by the transition to a website publisher, where the user can get this or that information about the object of advertising or perform the desired advertiser action. It is this feature distinguishes the online advertising from advertising in traditional media.
2) Lecture hall: In economically developed countries, the vast majority of the population has regular access to the Internet, and the total number of Internet users is comparable with the number of viewers, with separate groups of consumers spend on the Internet much more time than watching TV. The rapidly growing Internet audience is an area of intense interest for many advertisers, as it is active, educated and, as a rule, the solvency of the company.
At the same time, some advertisers may face the problem of limited audience only Internet users. This is because the user must not only have access to the web, but a minimum set of knowledge required for working with computers in general and the Internet in particular. The spread of this type of media can be substantially limited in regions with poor infrastructure, as well as among certain social groups.
3) Targeting: Targeting mechanism allows the highlight of all available Internet audience only the part that meets the specified criteria, and show ads to user. To distinguish between direct and indirect targeting. Direct targeting aimed at the choice of the target audience, directly were interested in offering goods or services. Indirect targeting is aimed at an audience that is a target for interconnected with the proposed type of goods or services. Internet allows for more accurate than any other type of advertising media, the advertising information to focus on the target groups on various parameters (up to a specific recipient).
Internet advertising can be focused on target groups on the following criteria …
- On the territorial and geographical coverage (you can restrict your ads from showing certain geographic regions selected by the advertiser);
- Time display (allows to time ad serving day and days of the week chosen by the advertiser)
- Interests and preferences of users (you can restrict your ads from showing in accordance with the interests of the visitor advertising site);
- Socio-demographic characteristics (to limit advertising by age show, sex, income, positions, and so on);
- Technical specifications (to limit ad serving on various technical parameters);
- The number of ad impressions (allows you to adjust the amount of advertising media shows one user).
In addition to these criteria for focusing may be employed and others, but the collection of relevant information about Internet users is associated with the need additional studies.
4) Media measurement: The Internet is a much more measurable form of media than traditional channels, and provides opportunities to study the behavior of target consumers, including accurate means of analyzing the effectiveness of advertising. When analyzing the efficiency of traditional forms of advertising used by consumer surveys, with the aim to establish what type of advertising has attracted consumers. Based on the survey results, conclusions about the effectiveness of various promotions.
In addition, indirectly on the effectiveness of the advertising company is judged by the increase in revenue, the number of visitors interested in the advertised product or service, and some other features. To study the reaction of consumers to these or other promotional activities on the Internet and analyzing the effectiveness of Internet advertising, there are far more comfortable and precise tools that keep records of the number of times an advertising medium of Internet users. The number of clicks on it, the subsequent interest or failure, users of transportation routes and a plurality of other parameters.
All this information is collected, processed by special software and used for targeted advertising impact on Internet users. By analyzing the information received on the reactions and actions of users, an advertiser has the ability in real time to assess the effectiveness of the campaign as a whole and each of its components individually.
At the same time it can make operational changes to the current campaign (to replace the ineffective advertising media, adjust the content of advertising, to increase or decrease the intensity of advertising on specific sites, to change the focus and other settings). A key differentiator of online advertising from any other is the ability to keep track of each advertising exposure, so the Internet to the advertiser – the most optimal means in terms of the quality of the contact with the consumer.
The Main Forms Of Internet Advertising
The advertisement that the advertiser intends to convey to the target audience on the Internet, can be represented in different ways. In online advertising, there are a variety of advertising media and formats. The number of these formats is constantly growing with the growth of the Internet audience and as this audience is becoming more aware and selective. Internet is continually evolving as an advertising channel, as Internet advertising service providers are in a mode of continuous improvement of its promotional offers.
To date, the most widely used the following types of online advertising …
1) Media advertising: Placement of text and image advertisements on websites, which are advertising platforms. Typically, media advertising is in the form of banner advertising. Banner is a graphical representation of the hyperlink, refers to the targeted advertising source. Banner may contain both static image and text without images and animated elements, video and interactive objects. With display of the advertisement can be static or dynamic.
2) Text advertising: Placing text advertisements on websites that are advertising platforms. This type of online advertising is a text ad with a hyperlink that refers to the source of targeted advertising that is integrated into the overall content of the website pages and looks like a part of it. Showing text ads can be static or dynamic.
3) Contextual advertising: Placement of text and image advertisements on web sites that represent contextual advertising platforms. Contextual placement of online advertising based on the content of advertising material according to the context (content) web page on which the ad unit. The bearer of such advertising can be text, image, or a combination ad. Compliance of promotional materials and their contextual sites determined using the advertising service. A variety of content is search advertising, used in the search engines. Its distinguishing feature is that the demonstrated choice of advertisements is determined by taking into account the user’s search query. As a rule, search engine advertising is placed next to search results and has the form of text ads. It is believed that this type of online advertising is one of the most effective, since the content of advertisements most closely matches the user’s current interests.
4) Teaser advertising: Placement of text and graphics advertising materials on the websites, which are advertising platforms. This type of online advertising combines the features of media, text and contextual advertising and is a short blurb with intriguing text and eye-catching image that contains a certain amount of information about a product or service, and the hyperlink is sent to the targeted advertising source. It is believed that the teaser advertising has more opportunities to attract the audience, as it stimulates the natural curiosity of man.
5) Promo site: Advertising materials in the form of a website, which is a presentation of the offer advertised. Despite the fact that the website itself is not an advertising format, enable consumers to obtain detailed information about a brand, product or service may be regarded as an independent form of advertising communication. The main objective of the promo site presentation of the goods, services, brand online. Most often, a promotional site is used as an additional marketing tool in the integrated advertising campaign. Usually one promotional website dedicated to a single product and the most focused on the interaction with target users. Audience at the promotional website is usually carried out by means of other types of online advertising.
6) Spam: The mass mailing of unsolicited messages advertising by e-mail. By itself, the principle of distribution of advertising messages via e-mail at first seemed quite acceptable form of direct marketing, but quickly became uncontrollable, and after that, and a negative reputation. At present, the laws of many countries provide certain types of liability for such activities. However, it is obvious that spam brings some economic benefit of its customers, since its intensity is not only not declining, but growing. This means that some of the users, in spite of the dislike for spam, still enjoys advertised through spam in goods or services.
In the end, here we have describe all the possible information about Internet advertising. We are going to describe about other advertising media as well. Keep support us by your valuable comments.
This article will provide a description of advertisement in the press, information about advertising in print media, their purpose, functions and features, as well as detailed descriptions and sample images.
Press is the print media with high selectivity, effect on various types of mass audience. Originally meant for the press community periodicals intended for the general reader. With this understanding, due and origin of the term “press” from the name of the first mass of the newspaper “La Presse“, published in Paris in 1836 (the French word Presse means printing process , that is, ink transfer under pressure from the printing plate to the paper and the ability to mass replication of print). With the development and differentiation of the periodicals formed group of mass periodicals for their intended purpose, content, nature of the audience and other parameters. Currently, the term “press” is commonly understood as the whole set of mass periodicals intended for the general reader.
Key features of the periodical: the regularity of the release; potential trend to continue based editions of the publication without a deadline of termination; common name of all issues; the presence of an ascending numbering of the publication’s, volumes, numbers; the presence of the editor or the editorial board headed by the chief or managing editor.
Advertising in print media includes various advertising materials, placed in the press. They can be divided into two main groups: advertisements (which include various types of modular, horizontal, the classified, invest advertising) and advertising publications (which include a variety of articles, reports, surveys, carrying direct or indirect advertising).
The effectiveness of advertising in the press is a result of many factors, among which are: circulation, the volume of sales, the qualitative characteristics of the audience, distribution region, frequency and others. Demand for all periodicals on media advertising market is determined by the following basic parameters …
- Specialization and / or thematic publications focus.
- The nature and characteristics of readers edition.
- Circulation – The total number of printed copies of the publication.
- The territory of distribution of publications.
- Frequency of publication release.
- The sales volume of the publication (retail sales data and subscriptions, as well as the number of copies distributed free of charge).
- Rating editions (total number of subscribers as well as to view and read the publication for a certain period).
- The cost of advertising exposure.
- Specific technical factors that influence the effectiveness of advertising: the typesetting technology and printing quality of the publication, as well as design, context, location and features of placing advertisements.
Based on the analysis of these factors is chosen edition (or several editions), which leads to the maximum number of indicators or the most important one.
To advertise in the press to be effective, advertisers need to fulfill three conditions …
1) To choose the right media for advertising, the correct choice of media is commonly understood as the choice of publications with the best characteristics for the target audience advertising.
2) Create high quality and adequate selected media advertising model. Under quality, advertising layout meant the layout of the advertisement, which corresponds exactly to the subject, the expectations of the target audience and the format of publication.
3) Maximize the use of media opportunities. Ways to increase the effectiveness of advertising in the press means the maximum use of its features, which include: the optimum placement of context; the optimal choice of the date and day of the week offering; optimum choice of places on the strip or band; the use of additional media opportunities (topical applications, VIP-subscription, mailing, stickers, attachments, and so on).
The Structure Of The Press Media Industry
The number of forms of print media organizations and their respective kinds of media is very large. Below are the main forms of media, which today form the basis of the structure of the periodical press industry and can be used as advertising media …
- Consumer publications.
- Reference books.
Newspapers are printed periodicals issued by brief intervals on inexpensive paper and containing news, analysis, entertainment, leisure, consumer, reference, advertising and other relevant information, as a rule, addressing population defined territory (district, city, region, country), or persons united by a common interest or activity.
Depending on the type and purpose of the newspaper have different release dates (from 1 to 7 times per week), a variety of formats and print runs. The most common: the periodicity of 1 times a day, 3 times per week 1 time per week; continuous numbering; the use of large paper sizes (newspaper format); black and white printing; printing on sheets of loose-leaf. The paper can be produced in a short time, a limited specific activity (conferences, festivals, etc.). Along with the main issue, the newspaper can be published in an extended version at the expense of applications. The paper can be produced both paid and free of charge.
The Main Types Of Newspapers
|Daily newspapers (morning or evening).
|The flagship publication.
Sunday supplement to the main edition.
Topical application to the main edition.
Special edition of the newspaper.
Social and political newspaper.
Advertising and information newspaper.
Regional newspapers (national, provincial, territorial).
Local newspapers (city, district).
Some features of the newspapers …
- Large, compared with other printed media, circulation; high efficiency; high tend to spread the coverage area.
- Officially, as a rule, many of the decisions of public authorities at all levels take effect only after their official publication in the newspaper.
- The relatively low level of selectivity in conjunction with a wide coverage of audience. As a rule, each newspaper has its own audience, size of circulation, socio-demographic, occupational and other characteristics. For example, national newspapers have a readership, which includes the heads of government agencies, large enterprises and organizations; in turn, the regional newspapers have a strong position in the local market information, as well as write about the problems of the region and maintain close relationships with readers.
- Short duration of “life” of advertising compared to advertising magazine.
- Low cost advertising. The relatively low unit cost of the ad contact due to the large scope of audience.
- Low or medium quality printing.
Magazines are printed periodicals issued at intervals of not less than 1 week are made, as a rule, the more expensive, compared to newspapers, paper grades, and containing information addressing people, united by a common interest, activity, economic, political, social preferences, and other features.
Depending on the type and purpose of magazines, have different release dates, different formats and editions. The most common: the frequency of 1 time per week (weekly), 1 time per month (monthlies), 2 times a month (bi-monthly magazines), 3 times a year (quarterly magazines); Annual numbering; full color printing; printing on sheets stitched. All magazines are constant thematic headings of officially approved as such for the edition. Along with the main issue, the magazine can be published in an extended version at the expense of applications.
The Main Types Of Magazines
Issued every two months.
Produced on a quarterly basis.
|In the thematic areas:
By the nature of the audience:
For its intended purpose:
Some features of the magazine …
- Small, compared with the newspapers, the circulation; relatively low efficiency; smaller coverage areas spread.
- The presence of prestigious publications factor. Magazines are the most efficient vehicles for placing branding.
- The high level of selectivity of the audience. Because of the high level of selectivity, magazines (especially professional) represent one of the most effective means of transmitting the advertising appeal or other target groups.
- The long duration of “life” of advertising in comparison with newspaper advertising.
- The high cost of advertising. Relatively high unit cost of one advertising contact.
- High quality printing.
Advertising Opportunities Of Newspapers And Magazines
Newspapers and magazines have traditionally occupied the bulk of the advertising segment in the press. This situation is due to a significant variety of newspaper and magazine types, highest overall audience reach and significant opportunities for its target segmentation.
Modern publishing houses that produce newspaper and magazine publications, tend to have two main sources of income from the sale of publications (subscriptions and retail), and from advertising. At the same time, it was advertising revenues play a key role, averaging between 50% and 80% of all funds earned by publishers. This economic model allows advertisers to effectively use the advertising opportunities of newspapers and magazines.
In connection with the increased needs of advertisers, the high competition in the market, as well as orientation towards publishing houses on the effective use of own capacity (information, creative, technical, and a popularization of opportunities), modern advertising services provide advertisers range of advertising services. Each service includes a variety of options for advertising impact on the audience publications that meet marketing objectives, strategies, tactics and budget advertiser.
In today’s newspapers and magazines, advertisers can take advantage of various types of advertising: a modular, horizontal, the classified, invest, sponsor, and others, as well as produce original models and various promotional materials, conduct market research, to carry mail, conduct special promotions, and so on.
3) Consumer Editions
Consumer publications are printed periodicals, which are newspapers or magazines intended for consumer goods and services. The three most common types of consumer publications …
- Advertising publications for consumers.
- Corporate media for consumers.
- Industry publications for consumers.
3.1. Advertising publications for consumers:
Advertising publications for consumers are printed periodicals, which are newspaper or magazine of free and / or paid advertisements designed for the mass market and covering different areas of the consumer interests of the population. To this type belong publications that publish only advertisements. There are two main types of organizations such publications …
- Advertisements are accepted by advertisers free of charge
- The publication is distributed free of charge.
3.2. Corporate publications for consumers:
Corporate publications for consumers are printed periodicals issued specific enterprises, institutions, organizations and associations thereof for the purpose of information influence on the final consumers of their products and services.
3.3. Industry publications for consumers:
Industry publications for professional users are printed periodicals intended only for consumers, professionally associated with a particular industry or activity (administrative, industrial, commercial and other).
4) Reference Books
Reference books (Directories) are printed periodicals issued, as a rule, with an annual periodicity (sometimes every few years) for consumer reference information about the enterprises, institutions, organizations, products and services. The most popular representatives of this type of publications are local telephone directories such as the “Yellow Pages”, as well as guides for the goods and services. Also widespread and various specialized and industry directories that publish advertising information corresponding to the profile of these publications.
The Audience Of Printed Media
Audience most print media are of the type with a high target audience segmentation. As a rule, each edition is more or less exactly positional media interested in attracting a specific target audience. Most publications have a clear understanding of your audience and works specifically for them, trying to reach a wider audience both at the expense of competitors in the same segment of the publishing industry, and by increasing the ratio of audiences duplication.
At the same time, the exact qualitative and quantitative determination of the specific audience publication can be a particular problem for the advertiser. The fact that the claimed circulation of publications usually do not correspond to the real and the more realizable. Although the circulation of periodicals is an important indicator of its popularity and the corresponding impact on advertising pricing, reliability of published figures and the amount of circulation in many national markets is almost impossible to control.
Therefore, to more accurately determine the popularity of each particular edition attracted independent rating service, determined by various surveys rating ratio and the target audience most represented on the print media market. As a rule, the rating reports are to advertising agencies and advertisers the main criteria when discussing the possibility of including a specific publication in the media list.
Features Of The Print Media As A Channel Of Distribution Of Advertising
Print media are one of the most important global markets advertising media. This is due, primarily, with a considerable variety of print media types, extremely high capabilities of their target audience segmentation and enormous: it is estimated that in developed countries, the total number of readers of publications is comparable with the number of viewers. Knowing and the optimal use of the opportunities offered by advertisers diverse market of print media allows advertising campaign very different focus, cost and scale, while achieving effective results.
Planning and implementation of advertising campaigns in print media demands from the advertiser knowledge of individual media features, serving as an advertising medium. Among the most important are the following …
1) High audience loyalty to the publication: Most readers of newspapers and magazines (assuming the immutability of their direction and editorial policy) is inherent in the highest loyalty rate for the publication of all other media. Studies show that readers are more and much longer remain committed to publications of their choice than the TV channels, radio stations or programs: the vast majority of the audience publications considers the habit of certain newspapers and magazines positive fact of their daily lives, and more than half read one and the publication of more than five years.
Thus, by publishing advertisements in some print media, the advertiser enters into communication not only with a specific target audience, but with more informal community of followers of the media, who read it for a number of years and, therefore, share the views of the editors and authors of articles, accustomed to a certain form of the material, design, style, and other features. All this must be taken into account for advertisers when choosing an advertising message strategy.
2) The credibility of the publication: Audience loyalty to a particular publication is largely based on trust, which readers are tested as to the information published in this publication, as well as to the peculiarities of its interpretation.
Advertisers should be aware that some of this confidence (although probably very small), under certain circumstances, it may be “moved” by readers and advertising posted in the publication. To do this, you must abide by certain general tone of statements, a common method of constructing a “true” message, which is characteristic for this media.
3) Features of the press read: Despite the fact that a lot of people for a long time to read the same newspapers and magazines, reading way communication model between the reader and the magazine gradually modified (such as changes over time and publishing, and the people themselves).
According to recent studies, the current process of reading the periodic media to a large extent based on the “previewing” the vast majority of readers indicate that rarely read the entire magazine or newspaper from beginning to end, with the reading of the articles, as a rule, preceded by a general view, viewing pictures, read announcements, offsets and crashing, and only then comes the most interesting reading materials.
An advertisement in the press is perceived by the reader in the following order: first – a general view; secondly – headline reading; Third – reading text. Therefore, in order to contact the reader advertising reached the third point; the ad should fully get his attention. All this must be taken into account for advertisers in the planning of advertising in print media, using a thorough approach to the placement, and appearance of advertisements: it is likely that attract the attention of the reader an image or eye-catching title would be more important than the message it small print helpful information mass of product or service.
4) Loyalty to the advertisement in the press: The research conducted in recent years, the relations of different audiences to the fact of the presence of advertising in different media show that magazines and newspapers readers are advertising with more enthusiasm than advertising in other media. So, more than half of readers believe advertising in print media a useful source of information, and a fifth of readers believe that a large way advertising adorns every magazine and makes it more colorful and attractive. This attitude gives advertisers the print media a definite advantage.
Creation Of Advertising In Print Media
The process of creating advertising for accommodation in print media consists of the following steps …
1) Definition of strategy: Based on the overall strategy of an advertising campaign is determined by a group of objectives, the achievement of which should contribute to advertising in a particular publication. Thus the basic value has as a format (resolution) advertisement (band reversal module) and its location in the publication (fourth cover, one of the inner cover, the first turn, the central turn, the first band, and so on), because “the prestige of the place” the most characteristic feature of print media, which must be justified by a corresponding” promise “of the advertising message.
2) Development of the fundamental layout: The principal designer develops the layout, based on the characteristics of the approved strategy and advertising concepts. In principle, the layout provides space for all elements of the future of advertising (logos, text, headings, main image, and so on), as well as defined primary artistic device (the main idea), on which advertising is based.
3) Creating text and headings: In accordance with the strategy of the advertising message and based on the approved layout copywriter develops fundamental text for advertisements and options header.
4) The choice of illustrations: The fundamental layout can include the use in advertising of various images. If advertising is designed to accommodate full-color illustrated magazine, the quality of the illustrations must meet the highest requirements. The source of high-quality illustrations are, as a rule, special image library and micro stock. If necessary, the exclusive advertising photography can be ordered for a photograph.
5) Creating a desktop layout: When all components of the layout ready and approved, the designer creates a working model of advertising, which is a composition of real elements that must be included in this advertising: images, graphics, text and title.
6) Creating the final layout: Working model submitted for approval by the advertiser. After making the necessary changes (if required) and perform some technical procedures ready ads (final layout) is transferred to the established publication for accommodation.
In the end, here we have describe all the possible information about press advertising. We are going to describe about other advertising media as well. Keep support us by your valuable comments.
This article will provide a description of the advertising on the radio, information on the means of radio advertising, their purpose, functions and features.
Radio is an electronic media outlet with low selectivity, affecting a wide audience. The radio station is a device or set of devices for receiving and / or transmission of radio waves. By the term “transceiver” as technical means, commonly understood as a transmitter and a transceiver technical means, as well as broadcast complex, i.e. a radio transmitter with associated equipment (studio, communication channels and power antenna for receiving and / or transmitting radio waves). The term “radio” as a means of mass information, commonly understood as the enterprise (institution) media, engaged in broadcasting. The “station” may not have their own technical facilities, and rent airtime from other broadcasters. As a media, station must be registered and licensed in the appropriate state institutions. Depending on the format and topics of the broadcast may be news, music, sports, educational and so on.
Radio is not a highly profitable sector of the advertising industry. Thus, in many economically developed countries of the world today, the number of commercial radio stations is much higher than the number of commercial television stations, but the total radio revenue is much less television revenue. This is because the radio as an industry is a local media with low overhead cost and therefore with low incomes. Thus, in many countries a significant proportion of small radio stations on the verge of profitability, as their main source of income are revenues from local advertising, often very limited. This is typical for countries with a developed system of commercial radio, and for the countries where leading positions are taken by public radio.
The Structure Of The Radio Industry
Types Of Radio Stations
Here are the most common methods for the labeling stations, depending on the characteristics of having a decisive importance for advertisers.
- Local radio stations.
- Regional radio stations.
- National radio stations.
- Music formats.
- Information formats.
- Combined formats.
- Specialized formats.
- Independent radio stations are, above all, numerous regional radio stations, which entered the market before the advent of large national radio.
- Radio stations included in the radio network are the local offices of major national radio stations. They translate the central radio program, occasionally interrupting her own production and local advertising. At the same time own, a radio program must comply with the general format of the central station.
As advertising media usually used on local and regional radio stations as well as the coverage of each of the stations depends on the power of the transmitter and from the radio network capacity (if the station is a network) that allows the advertiser to accurately plan the volume and quality of potential advertising impact on the target audience.
Types Of Mass Broadcasting
To date, we developed four basic types of mass broadcasting …
- News broadcasting: With this type of broadcasting, music broadcast on the air almost none. Usually it is cyclical newscasts with constant updating of information, as they become available, alternating advertising inserts. Sometimes news reports are added and short talk show.
- News and music broadcasting: With this type of broadcasting relation information and music, information is 60-70 percent to 30-40 percent against music.
- Music and news broadcasting: With this type of broadcast ratio, information and music respectively reversed 30-40 per cent and 60-70 per cent of the information of music.
- Music broadcasting: With this type of broadcasting of information, including short headings and news releases, not more than 10-20 per cent of airtime, and the rest of the given music.
To date, these forms of broadcasting are the basis of the structure of radio industry in developed countries.
The New Broadcasting Technology
The development of communication technologies and equipment led to the emergence of fundamentally new ways of broadcasting and means of signal delivery, among which in the first place, it may be noted …
1) Cable radio: Implements radio broadcast over cable television networks, providing high-quality sound in the absence of radio interference. The most widely used cable stations received in the US, where cable radio networks are transmitted mainly music programs, and the promotion of such services to subscribers television networks positioned as “radio for those who are tired of advertising”, i.e. the possibility of creating advertising communication on cable radio channels are now almost completely absent.
2) Digital radio: It represents transceivers system based on digital radio broadcast. It is assumed that the digital broadcasting gradually supplant the analog, however, unlike television, where conventional cathode-ray television receivers may be adapted to receive a digital video signal via analog-to-digital converters without substantial loss of image quality, the introduction of digital broadcasting require radio acquisition of new digital radios, i.e. substantial costs, which, according to some experts, the mass listener is not ready yet. However, digital radio has significant advantages over analog: high sound quality, the complete absence of interference, the ability to take an unlimited number of radio stations almost anywhere in the world.
3) Internet radio: Performs digital radio broadcast over the Internet, providing high-quality sound in the absence of radio interference. It is in its infancy, so to give any clear predictions about the models for its future development and promotional opportunities seems it is premature.
Radio passed a complex way of evolution since its inception. Its main media strategy, which was formed during the radio the greatest popularity in the first half of the XX century, was determined by the fact that it was the first way of the mass organization of family and collective leisure. At the initial stage of the broadcast radio programs were created on the principle “all for all and for all”, and it was at this time that the term “broadcast”, signifying the omnipresence and all-embracing radio.
However, in the middle of the XX century, this strategy was intercepted by TV, where the mass audience began to leave, and with it the advertisers. Television showed advertisers new possibilities in the creation of a mass audience. Since advertising was (and still is) the only source of revenue for radio stations, advertising outflow made radio industry to seek new software and business strategies. The solution was found in the transition to the concepts of aspect radio; contribute to better meet the information and musical tastes of the audience.
Transition broadcasting to listener’s niche service concept was the beginning of the process of segmentation of a mass audience. Strong competition from television and the development of the advertising industry, the emergence of a growing diversity of music styles and subcultures caused defragmentation audience broadcast and the subsequent emergence of numerous formatted radio stations. The final transition to the radio strategy narrow formats due to a significant increase in the number of cars that were for personal use.
Today, almost all vehicles are equipped with radios, so the inhabitants of developed countries, in the life of the car that plays a significant role as a means of daily transportation, get much of the information from radio broadcasts. At present, almost all radio stations base their commercial policy on clear differentiation audience. That differentiation is gradually returned to radio audiences and with it the advertisers. Despite the fact that now the radio is not leading advertising vehicle, radio attracts advertisers accurate and comprehensible targeted at specific audience segments.
Broadcasting format characterizes the genre content, theme, style of presentation broadcast radio programming aesthetic norms, manner of leading programs, structuring program elements and other specific features of the organization transfers. Thus, the format – a set of genre, theme, program and other features, forming the concept of broadcast.
All broadcasting formats are divided into four main groups:
- Music formats.
- Information formats.
- Combined formats.
- Specialized formats.
Certain broadcasting format is the economic basis of radio industry, so the format is often determined by the marketing orientation of the radio. The choice of format is directly connected with the possibilities of the radio station to attract advertisers through the organization of specific audience segments. In this sense, the format implies a certain framework, conceptual station broadcasting mode, reflecting the preferences of a particular target audience.
Such common formats as “radio music”, “news radio”, “radio communication” means the main genre of the radio where every single format can be divided into others. The practice of developed markets shows that the basis of the activities of nearly all commercial radio stations is no more than 20 major formats. However, there are plenty of options for their implementation, depending on the specific national conditions, cultural and musical traditions of the country, the radio position in the national media.
Audience most radio stations belong to the type of audiences with high target segmentation. As a rule, every commercial radio station is more or less exactly position able media interested in attracting a specific target audience. Therefore, the radio station have a very accurate picture of the nature and composition of its audience. In addition, the size and composition of the audience of a particular station regularly investigated using various techniques specific analytical services, so the advertiser, involving the advertising campaign or another radio station can establish a predictable and focused on a particular target group effective advertising communication. As a rule, consumers are not listening to a radio station, and selects an average of three to six. Therefore, in many cases, advertisers effective advertising campaigns on several radio stations in order to ensure that all target groups of consumers of the advertised goods or services.
As the results of numerous studies, each of the radio refers to one of four types of groups …
- Fans of the radio: Listen to a few stations, switching from one to another, have certain inclinations and preferences.
- Radio fans: Constantly listening to one or two radio stations are highly loyal to the selected station.
- Music lovers: Listen to music only certain genres, switching from station to station in search of favorite works.
- News lovers: Feel the constant need for information; listen to two or three radio stations, including radio and often for short periods.
Features Radio As A Channel Of Distribution Of Advertising
Planning and implementation of advertising campaigns on radio requires the advertiser knowledge of individual features of the radio, acting as an advertising medium. Radio on a number of parameters has many advantages over other media, but it may be limited. In some cases, radio advertising is extremely inefficient, due, primarily, to such factors as the inability to show the subject of the advertisement or non-representation of the object of advertising and audience perception. As part of the complex advertising campaigns radio advertising is effective primarily as an aid, particularly in conjunction with TV advertising and advertising in the press. Such a complex effect can significantly improve the performance indicators of advertising campaign in comparison with the impact of television is only the means and / or the press.
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Radio Advertising
|Radio allows you to reach a certain audience segments using well-defined formats. Radio advertising can be directed to the listeners of a particular gender, age, occupation, income level or education.||Fleeting, short transmission time of advertising messages as compared to other advertising distribution channels, the low concentration of listeners (people listen to the radio, doing other things).|
|Radio advertising is the shortest period of preparation in comparison with other media. This allows advertisers to radio as much as possible to adapt to the peculiarities of the local market, news, weather, and other variable factors. In this case, the advertiser can respond quickly to certain situations and contribute to your ad text changes and additions.||The lack of visual range and limitations associated with only the sound representation of the goods or services.|
|Radio is the least expensive for the advertiser of all media advertising media. Because of the relatively low cost of providing radio advertising ester may be repeated numerous times with a relatively low cost. The cost of production of commercials and low.||Total advertising broadcast congestion. Advertising messages are broadcast on the radio in large quantities and are replaced fairly quickly, so students miss many advertisements, while others forget listening to them only partially.|
|Using sound to create mental images. Radio has the ability to stimulate the imagination of listeners, combining sounds, words, intonation and a variety of audio effects.||In the production of commercials using an actor and announcer radio resources employees, so the advertiser runs the risk that his announcement will be heard on the air in the same way as the other ads that station. Such messages are coming one after another; significantly reduce the level of the listening perception.|
|Radio is the most common media device, characterized by high mobility can be operated without special infrastructure and clear any audience regardless of the level of literacy. Radio installed in a variety of technical devices – radios, alarm clocks, TV, music, mobile phones, portable players. A significant part of the radios installed not only in homes and public areas, but also in all forms of transport.||The lack of monitoring of radio and high-quality media measurement, so the effectiveness of the advertising campaign is difficult to analyze.|
|Radio has an ideal environment for the transmission of frequently repeated messages. The average radio listener listens to the radio for more than three hours a day, so even regular advertising schedule allows him to remember this or that advertising appeal. This ability to repeat radio advertising a large number of times, motivating consumers to purchase the product or service is especially important for advertisers. Total costs of advertisers at the same time are relatively low, and the program policy of many radio stations usually allows providing high output advertising broadcast frequency.||The low level of attention of the audience. Listeners perceive many forms of radio as a musical or entertainment background.|
|Broadcasting covers a vast territory, addresses the audience at any time, and is also an ideal means to reach people in a car.||Lack of uniform standards of interaction with radio advertisers.|
Forms Of Radio Advertising
There are several common forms of radio advertising offered advertisers the majority of radio stations. Although the search for new effective forms of radio advertising is ongoing, traditional and proven promotional tools occupy a leading position among the most popular …
1) A radio spot in the ad unit: Advertiser buys space in an ad unit, which is broadcast in commercial breaks in a program or between programs. During purchased time (10, 15, 20, 30 and so on up to 60 seconds) the commercial broadcast provided by the advertiser. Number of broadcasts and their time and place in the roller block (beginning, middle, and end) are set in the final version of the media plan, which is agreed by the parties in the process of signing a contract for the purchase (sale) of advertising time.
2) Sponsorship of radio programs: The program, broadcast by the radio station may be completely or partly carried on money sponsor who receives a certain amount of time for placing their ads. In some cases, the sponsor receives and other promotional opportunities: advertisement sponsor and / or the object of advertising leading the program, plot placement of the sponsor and / or the object of advertising, integration site advertising the program, sponsor participate in interactive projects, the joint organization of the sponsor and radio public events and so on. In contrast to the ad unit, a sponsorship message, as a rule, it is a full-fledged part of the program. Sponsorship filling depends on the timing, subject matter and content of the sponsored programs on the radio.
3) Sponsorship of radio broadcasts: Some prestigious reportage programs with predictable rated (e.g. sports matches), the practice of sponsorship broadcasting, which implies that the sponsor pays all expenses for the purchase of broadcast rights and ensure its support in exchange for a certain time to place his advertisement. In cases where the interest in the event is very high (as well as the price of broadcast rights), in the sponsorship pool combines a number of companies that are not direct competitors, which is divided between advertising time according to their contribution to the sponsorship package.
4) Spot radio advertising: Advertiser buys time for broadcast commercials in one particular program that shared ad unit.
5) References: Single or multiple references to the name of the program leading advertiser and / or advertising object.
6) Interview in the studio: Themed interviewing information and advertising, which is leading the program takes from the advertiser or its representative.
7) Radio announcements: Advertising information, which is read out a speaker in the advertising information section. This type of radio advertising is aimed at advertisers with small budgets and offers on local radio stations.
8) Radio log: Thematic broadcast information and advertising.
In the end, here we have describe all the possible information about radio advertising. We are going to describe about other advertising media as well. Keep support us by your valuable comments.
This article will provide you a brief description of television advertising or TV advertising, on its appointment information, features, specifications and the most common formats.
TV (Television) is an electronic media outlet with low selectivity, affecting a wide audience. Synthesizing the image and sound, it provides more extensive communication capabilities when compared with many other types of advertising media. The effect of presence brings television communication with forms of interpersonal communication, so the TV in the perception of the audience closer to other media costs to the direct, immediate, two-way communication. Television is one of the most powerful and effective ways to deliver advertising messages to different types of audiences and thus guarantees the highest possible total audience coverage. Due to qualities, it has become a priority channel for the dissemination of information for large advertisers, producers of goods and services of mass consumption.
The Structure Of The Television Industry
The number of forms of television broadcasting organizations and their respective types of television systems is very large both in technical and in the software, a creative attitude, which greatly affects the character created with their view of television advertising.
To date, the foundation structure of developed countries, the TV industry consists of the following forms of broadcasting …
- Wireless nationwide TV channels.
- Combined (wireless and cable), national television networks.
- Cable and satellite TV channels.
- Regional (local) TV.
- Interactive TV.
- Syndicated television program delivery.
1) Wireless nationwide TV channels:
Wireless nationwide television channels provide a television signal by the majority of the population. National channels are free for spectators and in some countries have the status of “public television”, the quantity and quality of advertising, in this case specifically regulated by government or other state regulations. In addition, the requirements for the commercial side of the TV advertising in national and public channels in various countries sometimes contains very significant and well-defined limits on the content of advertising messages.
2) Combined national television networks:
Combined (wireless and cable), national television networks constitute a system of local and regional television stations that broadcast (on a commission or other basis) program provided them a certain broadcaster – program producers. At the same station, the translator can transmit broadcast television productions of several networking vendors. In addition, depending on the method of delivery of TV signals, the features of the contract with the manufacturer of software and technical capabilities of the local TV station, repeater TV network programs can be distributed as a cable or wirelessly.
National television networks are most popular and effective form of television advertising. Since every television network, as well as any station, is a commercial enterprise, no restrictions (other than those stated in national laws on advertising) on the content of advertisements on them, as a rule, do not work, which significantly stimulates the advertising producers in their creative pursuits. In addition, the number of advertising messages and their place in the broadcasting schedule determined solely by commercial considerations that often displeases viewers, but provides (due to the large amount of advertising and the large capacity of its rotation) high efficiency impact on the audience. This is due to the fact that the quality and rating of the program, broadcast on television networks (in the countries where they were developed), significantly higher than that of public television programs.
Currently, in most developed countries are the main national television network television advertising media, while few countries separating the television industry for such independent segments as public broadcasters and TV networks, have not yet fully happened.
When you advertise programs to television networks, advertisers have the opportunity to choose between two placement strategies: global and regional. When using a global strategy advertising space is purchased directly from the manufacturer (owner) network programs, which then distributes advertisements on the network segments in accordance with the media plan. If the advertiser is aimed at an audience of a few specific regions, within the framework of a regional strategy they can buy advertising space in the local (regional) television advertising that provide placement of commercials in an appropriate television network programs.
3) Cable and satellite TV channels:
Cable and satellite TV channels are the most common type of Pay-TV. Typically, these channels have a certain genre specialization and positioned as a family, children’s, sports and so on. Normally Pay-TV channels do not sell advertising space and broadcast advertising, with the exception of non-profit social projects (and then only in very limited quantities). At the same time, cable and satellite Pay-TV channels are quite interesting for many advertisers, as the audience of any of these channels has a distinct target dominant and its value is known exactly.
Therefore, large advertisers (along with channels administration) have resorted to various advertising methods, e.g. sponsoring shooting television programs and television, which are then, broadcast on the channels as a standard intracranial products. Doing so as some large corporations, ordering and paying, for example, television films about the history of inventions and scientific discoveries that are directly related to the activities of these companies.
4) Regional (local) TV:
Regional (local) television plays an important role as an advertising medium in the event that a repeater national network television. At the same time, creating their own programs, including news, regional TV channels collect sometimes very large audience that can be successfully used in promotional strategies, as the price of advertising time in some programs of local TV stations can be an order of magnitude lower than in the nationwide (with almost complete duplication of the TV audience).
5) Interactive TV:
Interactive TV is a translational system with feedback channel, i.e. a system in which television information is transmitted only by the compiler to a television receiver, mounted on the side of the viewer, but also back from the viewer to the broadcasting company. This feature gives the viewer the opportunity to personalize the content of television programs and their playing time. Currently, the concept of interactive TV has increased significantly and includes various options for the viewer to interact directly with the source of television information. Interactive TV has not received a great development, but gradually, as the development of communication technologies, it began to gain momentum.
There are several existing iTV models, of which the most successful in terms of business opportunities are as follows …
- TV programs on demand (viewer signed up for service and making a monthly fee, using a special remote control and menu in advance selects a program from the list – after a while they could see them).
- Paid television viewing (the viewer receives the ordered program on the hard drive home computer or a special video terminal, and the fee for the amount of “pumped” information and a pay-per-view programs ordered).
- Straight double (viewer, subscribe to the service can watch the program ordered in real time – ordered and immediately looked up, and the payment will be charged at time of review).
Although the technical difficulties with the operation of such systems software can be considered as a whole, overcoming advertising opportunities such media types remain poorly defined.
6) Syndicated delivery of television programs:
Syndicated television program delivery is the delivery of television programs within the television stations of the system, syndication: programs produced or purchased in the framework of the syndicate, is only available to its members. This system is particularly prevalent in the United States, where the number of local television stations is extremely large, and to fill the air, more or less high-quality programs, such syndicates are formed. TV stations can be combined into syndicates and other grounds: the industry, language, religion, and so on. Features syndicated market of television advertising media depend on the particular type of syndication, the number of its members, the value of total enrollment and other factors.
The basis for determining the cost of selling advertising time channels is rated television programs obtained by applying special techniques viewers counting. At the same time, of course, impossible to calculate exactly how many viewers actually gathered outside the TV at the moment, to watch a particular program. Therefore, channels, and advertisers have to be satisfied as the source of pricing data provided by different TV advertising, each of which uses a special, different from the other measurement method. If the results of the different telemetry not so different from each other, the average of the results is usually regarded as statistically significant.
The most common methods of telemetry to date are as follows …
1) Telephone surveys: The most archaic, and at the same time most suitable in some cases telemetry method. It carried out as a normal telephone survey in which respondents are asked to answer a series of questions about their television advertising, with respect to different TV programs and so on. The results of such surveys usually do not provide statistically significant responses to most of the questions posed by natural imperfections technique, but for regions and areas with a predominantly rural populations and small towns, where other types of survey is not economically justified, the phone remains the only source of information about viewers the perception of the different channels and programs.
2) Diaries: This method is based on the consent of the members of the sample to keep a detailed diary of their contacts with the TV: mark time on and off, viewed TV programs and channels on which they broadcast, as well as the “residence time” for each channel. Ideally, the total blog can give fairly accurate results, however, in practice, only a small portion of respondents Journal honest: most prefer to make it abstract data reflecting the real situation only partially.
3) Software Audimeter: Audimeter is an electronic device with an internal memory, which is mounted on the respondent’s television and records all the manipulations that the respondent makes with the television remote control: the time on and off the TV, the moments of switching channels, and so on. This method provides the most objective assessment of the TV audience, but has a number of drawbacks: study result largely depends on the sample quality; the ability to conduct large-scale studies is limited. In addition, audimeter registers only “soft” information, without telling anything about the nature of the audience, while advertisers is important to know which family members watched a particular program and ensure it a high rating.
4) Integral audiometer: Solve the problem described above, you can use the advanced audimeter that, in addition to “Program”, provides for the collection of information at the level of the audience: TV is controlled by a special remote control with special buttons for each member of the family, which must be pressed whenever required enable (disable) the TV or change the channel. This method provides significantly more useful information; however, its widespread use is also limited by considerations of cost-effectiveness and integrity pressed.
5) Clusters: For more statistically accurate information about the structure of the method of viewers, geodemographic groups (clusters). Each cluster is a certain type of informal community of people living in the same territory. After identification of the clusters (the number can reach up to 50), the researchers conducted a total survey in the area with the use of different methods, adequate type of cluster and the number of people entering into it. Clusters are formed on the demographic and socio-economic principles.
Forms Of Television Advertising
There are a few of the most common forms of television advertising messages that are advertising and media agencies offer the majority of its customers as a template …
1) Place in a television ad unit: Advertiser buys space in an ad unit, which is broadcast in commercial breaks in a program or between programs. During purchased time (10, 15, 20, 30 and so on up to 60 seconds) is demonstrated commercials provided by the advertiser. The number of impressions and time as well as place in the roller block (beginning, middle, and end) are set in the final version of the media plan, which is agreed by the parties in the process of signing a contract for the purchase (sale) of advertising time.
2) Sponsorship of TV programs: The program, broadcast channels may be wholly or partly carried on money sponsor who receives a certain amount of time (in the beginning, in the middle, at the end of the program) to place their ads. In some cases, the sponsor receives advertising and other opportunities in the program: the cyclical placement of the logo, the logo part in the design studio, mention of the name of the sponsor in the words of the master program, participation in the credits, and so on.
3) Sponsorship of television broadcasting: Some prestigious reportage programs with predictable rated (sports matches, championships, etc.) the practice of sponsorship broadcasting, which implies that the sponsor pays all expenses for the purchase of broadcast rights and ensure its support in exchange for a certain time to place advertisement. In cases where the interest in the event is very high (as well as the price of broadcast rights), in the sponsorship pool combines a number of companies that are not direct competitors, which is divided between advertising time according to their contribution to the sponsorship package.
4) Participation in the television program: Advertiser does not buy advertising time in a certain program and a certain pre-agreed form of participation in it. For example, one of the representatives of the company-advertiser management can participate in a TV show or game show as a guest, and it is accessed, the master must several times throughout the program to mention his title and company name, which formally as a sponsor of the show is not stated.
5) Spot TV advertising: Advertiser buys time for broadcast commercials (or the right to some special form mentioning your name or slogan) in one particular program (e.g. weather forecast) is shared ad unit.
6) TV Ads: Advertising information, which is read out a speaker in the advertising information section. This kind of television advertising aimed at advertisers with small budgets and offers on the local TV stations.
Particularly Television As A Channel Of Distribution Of Advertising
Planning and implementation of advertising campaigns, television requires the advertiser knowledge of some important features of the television, acting as an advertising medium. Among the most important are the following …
1) Total coverage: Television provides the highest possible total coverage of the audience and by placing advertisements on different channels and at different times of day of television, we can ensure that the majority of the population (which looks TV) see the infomercial. At the same time, however, it ignores the fact that the mass television audience cannot in any degree be targeted, since all attempts have focused on the impact on any target of the TV audience with a special telemetry and artistic techniques, the most adapted to the tastes of favorite segment as a rule, do not lead to any results.
Excessive partisanship TV story often turns its complete ineffectiveness – the target audience begins to feel that it’s trying to “catch”, while the representatives of the other target groups such methods cause severe irritation. Therefore, advertisers , planning advertising campaigns on television, it should be noted that although the figures cover offered by advertising and credit rating agencies, always look very impressive, the percentage of “useless coverage” of any of the TV audience, tend to be very high: the effectiveness of television advertising, except for quantities covered by the audience is made up also of the many other components.
2) Artistic power: Television is capable of maximum emotional contact with the viewer. Compound movement, text and music to any TV products (including advertising) could have a powerful impact on the viewer. Among other TV media creatively located closest to the art of cinema, to make available to the creators of TV commercials significant arsenal of artistic techniques and tools that provide a variety of different combinations of images and their values, and a high level of audience involvement in what is happening.
3) VBM: Television as an advertising industry has unique tools to change the value of people and objects. The basis for this phenomenon is virtually a monopoly position in the field of active television communications: the vast majority of viewers in the developed countries (i.e. the vast majority of the population) recognizes the television means of communication that best suits the present stage of development of society. On the other hand, is largely decentralized nature of television has never been considered by most viewers factor in democratizing the relationship between man and the TV channel: no matter what channel is that no matter broadcast communication scheme, recognized by the audience as a natural, is as follows: “those who are a little bit, show us something that much, and if we look at them, then they are entitled to it. “
Thus, the man on TV, once it becomes a “hero” and “value” to others increases, even though the man is completely not changed and remained exactly the same as it was before the show on TV. If “they” showed them, therefore, it becomes part of the value that “they” are in our eyes. The same applies to items that are also becoming “heroes”, having been on the TV screen. This phenomenon explains why even frankly weak advertising can be very effective: the fact of the presence of the product on the air in the proper quantity gives him more and sometimes very tangible value.
Advantages and Disadvantages Of Television Advertising
|Simultaneous visual and sound effects.||The high cost of production of a television commercial.|
|The high degree of viewer involvement in what is happening on the TV screen.||Simultaneous viewing audience advertising on only one channel.|
|A variety of themed TV programs allow the selection of the target audience.||A short transmission time of advertising messages as compared to other advertising channels.|
|Strong psychological impact associated with the personal nature of the appeal to the viewer, making the advertising appeal close to the effectiveness of personal selling.||Steadily negative attitude on the part of viewers to an interruption on TV commercial breaks.|
|The relatively low unit cost of the ad contact due to a huge audience coverage.||At a cost of television advertising is among the most expensive distribution channels of advertising.|
|Control over the time of communication of the consumer advertising with advertising appeal.|
|The possibility of the viewer to order the advertised goods or services directly from the TV screen.|
Creation Of Television Advertising
The process of creating television advertising consists of the following steps …
1) Definition of strategy: With the totality of the results of marketing and other research, as well as on the basis of the approved marketing and advertising strategy creative group defines the basic strategy of the future television program, deciding what will be sent to major advertising impact, achieve a primary goal (audience response) should contribute to the planned roll and etc.
2) Development of the main ideas: The main idea is some global acceptance (Art, Technology, and Scene), through which the main strategic tasks of TVC as part of an advertising campaign can be addressed most effectively.
3) Development of scenario plan: Once the decision about the main idea is accepted, it developed the overall scenario plan for the future of television advertising. Scenario plan is a script-based: it identifies the main nodal point of the story such as how to begin, what ends, and what can and cannot occur in the middle.
4) Script writing, creating storyboards: TVC scenario developed in several embodiments, and is usually accompanied, storyboards – small schematic drawing showing a general frame content in each of the episodes: in this manner all elements of the script are more apparent, making it more definitely contribute to clarify and supplement scenario.
5) Organization of the crew: Some of the major advertising agencies are composed of permanent production and shooting department, which does not require the separate crew for ordering the shooting. In other instances, advertising agencies cooperate with production studios or individual independent producers. Organization of the crew assumes that the customer roll (advertising agency or advertiser) selects and approves director nominees, the operator, the right people, defines the system of financing and the work schedule; coordinate the scheme with the agency and so on.
6) Preparation period: Pre-production is a complex and sometimes very long process, which consists of the creation of the director shooting plan, the choice of nature to shoot (construction of scenery), Casting (choice of lead actors and extras), test shooting, work on the style, costumes and etc.
7) Shooting period: Shooting is the work directly on the set (sites) with the result that there is all necessary to create a movie shooting (filmed) material.
8) Installation and scoring: In the process of shooting each episode is removed, usually a few times (duplicated), so that when installing the roller director selects the best frames, then an editor sequentially connects them in accordance with the mounting sheet prepared by the director. After scoring, consisting of recording text and music, and compounds (video and audio synchronization series), the roller is represented to the customer (advertiser) for approval.
In the end, here we have describe all the possible information about television advertising. We are going to describe about other advertising media as well. Keep support us by your valuable comments.